finally managed to get together a list of what we have been crafting, mixing and creating these last months. if you want to support local crafters and folk medicine makers this holiday season, we are happy to share with your what we currently have available.
our herbal infused oils and tinctures are infused for at least one lunar cycle, and all of our botanicals are either wild-crafted by our own hands, naturally grown in our gardens or that of friends, or very rarely traded from trusted local growers (ginger mostly). we source our apple cider vinegars, oils, beeswax and honey from as local as possible, and always choose organic. everything we create is made in small batches, with the finest of foraged and home-grown ingredients.
l i p b a l m s (made with organic cold pressed sunflower oil from quebec infused with local wild-crafted and organically grown herbs, and local beeswax. these are in compostable, paper and wax recycled containers)
– sage & sweetgrass lipbalm
s a l v e s (most come in small and large, while supplies last. all are crafted with organic, cold-pressed sunflower oil from a small farm in quebec, and local beeswax)
– three tree healing salve ( spruce, pine & fir, smells like the woods and great for cuts, scrapes, splinters and as a chest rub for congestion )
– boreal balm ( local bear fat, infused with spruce pitch, local beeswax. amazing for healing, anti-bacterial and good for respiratory, kidneys, etcetcetc )
– aches and pain salve (st johns wort oil, cayenne & wintergreen, good for arthritis, nerve pain, sore muscles etc)
– dream balm ( a dreamy infusion of mugwort, chamomile, rose petals, elderflower, hops, lavender, rose absolute. rub on your temples at night to aid in deep relaxation, and to send you off to sweeter places anytime you might need )
– calendula salve ( this stuff is amazing for wounds, burns, eczema, rashes, babys bum, sore nipples, the works. gentle and effective )
– aches n’ pains salve (arnica, wintergreen, hot peppers infused to help bring relief from aches and pains, and to promote healing of muscles, tissue, bruising and other discomfort)
s m o k i n g . b l e n d (just a few left, coltsfoot, mullein, nepeta, peppermint. helps relieve lung congestion, coughs and bronchial irritations. nice substitute for tobacco)
(all tinctures come in 50oz dropper bottles and are tinctured in 40% vodka)
– angelica (coughs, colds, digestive remedy, for pre-menstrual bloating and cramps, to regulate and bring on a late period)
– yarrow (coughs, colds, flus, fever. nice to have in the house for when you start to feel sick)
– nerve tonic (a blend of calming, nerve-nourishing and soothing herbs, to help combat anxiety, and promote relaxation. can be taken morning and night for best results.)
– sleepy tonic (a medley of sleepy time, gentle and effective herbs. this one has great reviews, safe for little ones as well)
– immunity elixir (this immunity boosting blend of herbs and wild-crafted medicinal mushrooms packs a potent wallop to the immune system, helping to fight off infections and colds, as well as intended to shorten the length of down-time that goes along with illness. contains: chaga, reishi, propolis, elderberry, elderflower, yarrow, ginger with a bit of sage infused honey syrup. take as needed, store in the refrigerator.)
– herbal mouthwash (a refreshing and minty blend of herbs to kill bacteria, soothe inflammation and toothaches! leaves your mouth feeling fresh and clean. contains: mint, sage, propolis, willow & oregon grape. )
– joy tonic (a blend of herbs to help keep the winter blues at bay)
– other tinctures available, can also do specific blends as needed, inquire for more info.
h e r b a l . v i n e g a r s
( herbs infused in organic local apple cider vinegar. great for salad dressings, marinades, etc )
– fire cider (an old folk remedy and a potent immune system tonic. can be taken daily to help promote digestive health and keep colds at bay. it can also be used by the spoonful at the first hint of sickness, or added into cooking, salad dressings, tea, cocktails, etc as a daily preventative. contains: 100% local nova scotian ingredients, locally grown ginger, garlic, hot peppers, onions, horseradish, thyme, oregano and sage in boates organic apple cider vinegar, with local honey. ) ALMOST OUT
– raspberry rose (its even more amazing than it sounds)
h e r b . i n f u s e d . h o n e y
( wild-crafted or organically grown herbs infused in local nova scotian honey. )
– summers end (a blend of wild-crafted and home-grown flowers, a taste of sweet sweet summer)
(shrubs (or oxymels) were once considered a herbal folk medicine cure-all. they were drank to promote longevity, gargled for sore throats, drank for arthritis relief, to clear phlegm, and. . .they are delicious! ours are made with boates organic apple cider vinegar infused with herbs, and local honey,. shrubs can be added to bubbly or still water, or sipped on their own. each bottle will make about 25 drinks.)
– sweetgrass braids (few left)
– wild harvested nori ( nori is very high in protein, calcium, vitamin c, iron, magnesium, potassium, the list goes on. it can also be eaten as a snack, sprinkled onto salads, stir fries, or added into soups. seaweeds are extremely nutritious and said to help with inflammation, boosting the immune system, aiding in detoxification of the body, and nourishing the skin.)
d r i e d . m u s h r o o m s
(wild-crafted nova scotian sun-dried mushrooms, nutritive and medicinal, can be added into soups, stock, re-hydrated for stirfries or risotto, etc)
– hedgehogs, maitake, matsutake, reishi (some available powdered as well, great for gravy or soup)
– chaga (drank as tea, or can be added to broths, chaga is an immune boosting, liver supporting, anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer)
o d d s . a n d . e n d s
– dream wreaths ( whimsical hops vines, lavender & mugwort wrapped into a dreamy wreath, to be hung above to bed to promote deep sleeps and sweet dreams )
– styptic powder (stop bleeding and heal your cuts & scrapes with this herbal powder. keep in your first aid kit, sprinkle liberally on any cuts or scrapes. naturally anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory.)
– breathe easy ( roll on bottle with organic sunflower oil and a blend of essential oils for relief of congestion, coughs, colds, sore throat, etc)
– aches and pains (for those deep muscle tissue aches, pains and sprains, arnica is helpful for relieving pain, promoting healing from trauma and bruising, and other injuries. can be liberally rubbed on the body to relieve pain. contains organic sunflower oil infused with arnica, and organic essential oils.)
b o n e . & . a n t l e r . j e w e l r y
(hand-crafted bone, feather, tooth, antler & other wild found jewelry, necklace pieces, earrings, keychains. etc)
if i haven’t mentioned what you are after, drop me a line, i have likely forgotten half a dozen things, and i am happy to custom make blends.
please inquire for prices, or to make an order. WE ALSO DO CUSTOM ORDERS
we ship to anywhere in canada.
we are also doing some winter markets as well, so it really is while supplies last.
thanks for all your support folks!
* also, worth mentioning that we are very open to bartering and part-trades, money isn’t everything, we would rather trade hand-made goods, foods, organically raised meat, etc, etc. try us. .. .